The score that you are going to get is the National Equivalency score which is a good indicator of credit risk. It is NOT the FICO score - but it is still free! Credit Karma is owned by Transunion.
Quizzle - is Equifax's competing product to Credit Sesame and Credit Karma. You will get a free Equifax Credit Report and plus Credit Score. You can't beat free!
*** You have the right to receive a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months from each of the three Credit Bureaus. To request your free annual report under law, you need to go to the website whose origination was required by the government: AnnualCreditReport.com. Your credit scores are not included - as the law only requires the bureaus to provide the report only.
News and Information
Center for responsible Lending
Institute for Ethical Behavior (Auto & Mortgage lenders)
* National Do-Not-Call Registry
1. Register on the Do-Not-Call List
2. Verify that a phone number is on the list HERE
3. File a complaint for calls received after your number was on the list for 31 days.
* Opting out of "pre-screened" credit offers is one of the first steps in credit repair and in preventing identity fraud.
Opt-out from allowing the credit bureaus to sell your personal information to companies for marketing purposes. OptOutPrescreen.com:
Here is a good article from the New York Times about WHY you should opt-out of credit card offers: "The Debt Trap"
FDCPA legal assistance from a consumer lawyer
Why Chat's Resources
Capital One Secured Cards: